Let us help you, here are some tips and tricks for moving to your new home. Whether you have just purchased your first home or you are simply moving to a new abode, there are a handful of things you can do to make the process much easier on yourself. From hiring professional local movers to recruiting loved ones to help you pack and unpack. We’ve got some great tips and tricks to help you get settled in quicker. We all know moving into a new home can be confusing and overwhelming for home owners, especially if you have kids and pets. It can be extremely easy for people to focus on the immediate tasks of moving and omit or neglect the importance of some of the tiny details.
While no one move is the same and people’s priorities tend to be different, there are still a handful of tips and tricks that everyone can benefit from when moving into a new home. In truth, the finer details of a move and some of the tasks of making the transition from one home to another can make the process far more stressful than it should be. Because of this, the Condor Moving Systems team has compiled a list of helpful tips to alleviate the stress and help you get settled into your new space with ease. To schedule a move in Arlington or elsewhere in Texas, please contact Condor today.
Tricks for Moving – Smart Moving Tips
Take a look at what we think are some of the most important tips and tricks to help you move into a new home without becoming overwhelmed and frazzled:
– Change the locks. If you are moving into a home that has been previously occupied, the first thing you should do is change the locks. You really don’t know who has copies of the house keys, and it is always better to air on the side of caution. You can install new deadbolts yourself for about $10 a lock – or call in a locksmith.
– Check for leaks. Even though your home inspector likely did this for you before closing, it doesn’t hurt to give your home’s plumbing a once-over yourself. With this, keep an eye out for dripping faucets and running toilets, and check your water heater occasionally for signs of a leak.
– Clean your cabinets. You should do this any time you move into a home that someone else has lived in. Wiping down the inside and out of all kitchen and bathroom cabinets will not only ensure they are as clean as possible, but it may help you pinpoint any unwelcome critters.
– Locate the circuit breaker box and main water valve. Figuring out which fuses control what parts of your house and labeling them accordingly will save yourself a lot of time and frustration should you blow a fuse down the road. This will take two people (one standing inside and the other tripping the fuses) but will be something you thank yourself for later. Similarly, locate the main water valve so you know how to turn it off if you have a plumbing emergency.
– Introduce yourself to your neighbors. Once you are even the slightest bit settled in you should make an effort to introduce yourself to your neighbors, especially those on either side of you. It is always a good idea to know who you are living next to, and you definitely will want to start out on the right foot when moving to a new neighborhood!
Getting settled into a new home will take some time, but the above tricks for moving should help make the first day a bit easier. For additional tips or to schedule a move with Condor Moving Systems today, please feel free to give us a call!