You have your moving day penciled in on the calendar; your new home is awaiting your arrival and you’ve hired a reputable Arlington moving company, so now just the dreaded task of packing awaits you. For most people, packing is an unpleasant chore that is often times put off until the last minute, causing undue stress and panic. In order to avoid turning into a monster come moving day and being unnecessarily stressed, we’ve compiled a list of tips designed to help you achieve a stress-free move.
Stress-Free Move Part 2
When it comes to packing for anything, it is always a good idea to take your time and plan ahead. Because of this, we first and foremost suggest creating a moving checklist well before the day of your move is actually here. Whether you are moving to another neighbourhood in Arlington, across Texas, or even to a different part of the country, there are plenty of ways to prepare and be met with a stress-free moving day. As a full-service moving company assisting residents throughout Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, and other areas of Texas, we believe in doing everything in our power to help you get started in your new space on the right foot.
Here is a list of handy tips to help you achieve a stress-free move, regardless of when or where you are moving to:
- Start early. As soon you have your moving date locked down, start packing. By diving into the process early and packing a little bit at a time, you are far more likely to avoid the mad rush of last-minute packing and that awful stress-induced headache.
- Be prepared. You never know what you will find hidden in your closets and buried in your kitchen cupboards, so it is best to be prepared with an assortment of boxes and packing supplies.
- Don’t be afraid to donate or throw out items. One of the pros of packing and moving is being able to get rid of stuff you no longer use or need. Anything you haven’t used for a year or more should either be tossed or donated, especially if it has no sentimental value.
- Start with closets and storage areas. By tackling that back bedroom closet or shed first, you will get the worst part out of the way and ensure you won’t be bringing any clutter with you to your new home.
- Save essentials for last. The last items you should pack up prior to your move should be your everyday kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom items. Make a list of essentials before you begin packing and make sure you pack these items where they will be accessible.
If done right and with a little preparation, moving will be a stress-free and maybe even enjoyable experience. Moving into a new home is the perfect time for a fresh start, so why not tackle the chore of packing head on and do everything you can to achieve a stress-free, smooth move this year. Contact Us for a free quote.