Our Moving Tips For Safe Moving
Moving into a new apartment or house is an exhilarating experience that oftentimes signifies the start of a new chapter. Whether you just bought your first home or are moving into a place of your own upon graduating from college, you are in for a wild ride. From getting to meet new people and finding your favorite neighborhood hangout spots, the excitement of moving can stick around for quite sometime.
However, this excitement is sometimes overshadowed by the thought of packing and unpacking all of your belongings. No matter how many times you have moved in the past, figuring out the details of your move can be stressful, which can in turn lead to various health issues. This is why it is absolutely imperative that you approach moving with a positive attitude and prepare for every aspect of the move well ahead of time. By sticking to a moving checklist, enlisting the services of an experienced local Arlington moving company, and taking the process one step at a time, you will be doing yourself a huge favor.
In addition to the various stresses and unexpected problems that can arise leading up to a move, you will also need to deal with a handful of activities during the actual move that can affect your health and safety. From lifting heavy items to loading and unloading all of your belongings, it is important that you consider certain safety tips prior to moving day. Condor Moving Systems is a full-service Dallas moving company who is committed to ensuring all of your belongings make it to their destination in one piece. However, this isn’t all we do. Your safety is also a top priority of ours, which is why we have compiled this list of safety tips to make your move a safe experience:
- Take your time when packing – If you are packing up all of your belongings yourself, it is imperative that you take your time and do not make the boxes too heavy. In most cases, 50 pounds is considered the maximum weight in which a cardboard box can hold and a person can move. If your new place has stairs or narrow corridors, you may have to make some additional adjustments during the packing process.
- Prepare your back – We cannot tell you how often we hear of unprofessional movers hurting their backs during the move. The best way to avoid this is by performing some stretches before lifting any heavy items. By stretching out your back – and your whole body – you are far more likely to finish the move without any injuries or soreness.
- Wear the right clothing – Let’s face it – moving is hard work. This is one of the main reasons why it is important that you wear loose clothing and closed-toe shoes. Regardless of the time of year, sandals are not appropriate for a move. Your clothes should be comfortable and provide you with the ability to move freely and not get stuck during the move.
- Keep an eye out for potential dangers. It is important that you are aware of your surroundings when moving and are on the lookout for anything potential hazards, such as slippery floors. If it happens to be raining or snowing the day you are scheduled to move, this is particularly important.
- Make sure your kids and pets are taken care of – If possible, have someone take care of your children and pets while you are moving. Not only will this alleviate some stress for you, but it will help ensure that your kiddos are far away from any risks for injury during the move.
The above moving tips should help keep you safe and healthy on moving day, which is one of the most important aspects of this process, wouldn’t you say?! To find out more about our moving services, please feel free to contact Condor Moving Systems today.