Moving your business is undoubtedly an exciting time, especially if it means you are upgrading to a better office in a prime location. Whether you are simply moving across town or to another part of Texas, it is important to be proactive about the move and packing. In order to ensure your corporate move is as stress-free and smooth as possible, it may be a good idea to create a checklist and start packing early on.
With this, we also suggest encouraging all your employees to work together and go through your office as a team, getting rid of or donating items you don’t think you’ll need in your new location. As a local Texas moving company, we have done our fair share of business moves and know what it takes in order to get you to your new spot as quickly and efficiently as possible. In fact, we will customize our packing and moving services for your company and employees, allowing you to rest assured all your needs will be met.
Here is a look at some of our top packing tips to help you prepare for your upcoming corporate move:
- Donate office equipment and furniture you don’t need – This may include old phones, copiers, printers, PCs, and even office furniture – all things you’ve been holding onto but haven’t been used in years. This should be done before moving day, as there is really no point in paying for these items to be moved when you don’t need them. Donate them to a local thrift store or recycle them, and be sure take note if you give them to a registered charity, as you will be able to get a tax break come April.
- Mark your boxes – If you are using a professional moving company like Condor, be sure and clearly mark your boxes on the tops and sides so that you can locate items more quickly when you get to your new office. We suggest numbering them, especially if you have hundreds of boxes, or jotting down a keyword on the box to jog your memory when it is time to unpack.
- Carefully pack your computer cables – When moving an office, it can be easy to get all the cables, cords, and wires from your multiple computers tangled up. In order to avoid this, the best way to move them is to start by removing all the cables one at a time. Put the individual cables in a large ziplock bag and write on the baggie which computer they go with. This will save you a lot of time and frustration when it comes time to unpack at the new office.
- Wrap all computer monitors and pack individually – In order to ensure all your computers get to their new home safely, they should be wrapped individually in thick moving blankets or bubble wrap. It is important that they are never placed in boxes together and that the tape does not come in contact with the monitor.
- Have a checklist in place – Last but certainly not least, we highly recommend that you create a checklist prior to moving and do your best to stick to it. This will help you stay organized in the days leading up to your move, as well as on moving day itself.
To learn more about our corporate relocation services or to schedule a local or long distance move with Condor Moving Systems, please contact us today.