Taking the time to properly pack up your belongings and ensure you are organized before a big move is one of the smartest things you can do for yourself. To many people, moving is a stressful and overwhelming process that causes panic and dread. However, if you follow the packing tips we will go over below and enlist in the assistance of a full-service moving company in Dallas, you will have a much easier time. Hey, you may even enjoy moving!
While it may seem daunting to have to pack up all of your belongings in an organized and efficient manner, especially if you have lived in your home for a long time, this process can actually be a great way to go through your things and donate or sell items you no longer use. Looking at moving as an opportunity to organize and purge will help you not only stay on the right track, but it will change your attitude about the relocation process as a whole. Once you have sifted through all of your things and donated, tossed, or sold the items you don’t want to haul with you to your next place of residence, be sure to call up a moving service company in Fort Worth to help ensure everything you own gets to its next destination safe and sound.
Below are packing tips for every kind of move, for every person.
- Pick out the right size boxes. One of the biggest mistakes people make in moving is not choosing the right size boxes. It is a good idea to put heavy items, such as books, in small boxes and
lighter items, such as pillows and clothes, in larger boxes.
- Keep order in mind. What we mean by this is that it is smart to place heavier items on the bottoms of boxes and lighter items on top. This will not only help your local movers, but will also assist you once you begin unpacking and need to move boxes from room to room around your new house.
- Organize by room. Do yourself a favor and organize the items in your boxes by room. For example, don’t mix kitchen utensils in with items for your bathroom. By strategically organizing your boxes by room, you will have a much easier time unpacking.
- Label each box. While you may think that you will remember what is in each box, the fact of the matter is you probably won’t. By labeling each box either with the room it is destined for or by a description of its contents, you will be saving yourself a lot of trouble and sifting through boxes looking for one particular item.
- Take care with breakables. In order to help your local moving company out and give you peace of mind, it will be helpful if you bundle all breakables with packing paper. Delicate items such as dishes and glassware should be wrapped with packing paper then wrapped in bundles of five or six together with more paper to ensure they are secure and won’t be going anywhere. Once it is time to pack them in boxes, try packing dishes on their sides, never flat. Be sure to use plenty of bunched-up paper as padding above and below all breakables.
Following these five packing tips will make the process less overwhelming and help give you peace of mind that all of your belongings will get to your new home safely. It will also make unpacking much easier on you, which is a huge bonus.