Moving is a big job, because you have to pack up everything in your home while also keeping it in an order that will make sense once you get to your new house. Don’t worry! We can help you plan so that your move will go smoothly, and you’ll stay organized.
- Before you start packing, take some time to get organized. Get a moving checklist that offers a timeline of tasks so that you’ll remember everything you need to do, from changing over your utilities to making arrangements for the dog during the move. Take inventory of your belongings to get a sense of exactly how much you have and what it will take to move it.
- The next pre-pack step is the purge! Declutter your things, getting rid of old clothes, books you won’t read again, and anything else you don’t need and won’t use. Consider that the more you take, the more complicated and expensive your move will be, and you may find yourself more motivated to minimize.
- Hire a moving company. This is the last step before beginning to pack, but certain not the least important. Get an in-home estimate before you begin to pack, and choose a full-service company that will provide you with the help you need. Once that’s set, you can start to pack!
- First, pack the things you use the least. Start with items in storage, move on to out-of-season clothing, then pack rarely used kitchenware, artwork, wall hangings, and picture frames. Pack up any rooms you rarely use, as well as your extra towels and linens.
- Pack decorative items and books. Keep out a few books if you need to do so, but pack all of the rest away early in the moving process. Take down all of your knick-knacks and decorative items. The walls and surfaces may look unfamiliar and bare, but you’ll be able to see the great progress you’re making!
- As moving day approaches, move into the more important rooms. Pack the kitchens, closets, bathrooms, and bedrooms, saving out a weekend bag for each family member with necessities. Include a few changes of clothes, necessary medications, toiletries, and some snacks, so that you won’t have to dig through boxes to find these things when you get to the new house.
- Furniture should be the last to go. The largest items in your home, including furniture and electronics, should go on the back of the truck to be unpacked first.
At Condor Moving Systems, we’re experts in moving anyone anywhere. Since our Dallas/Fort Worth based full service moving company opened its doors in 2003, we’ve set the highest standards in the moving and storage industry. Our knowledgeable moving consultants and highly trained moving crews specialize in both residential moving services and commercial relocation. Whether you’re moving locally or long-distance, we’ll make your move a positive experience and do everything possible to guarantee your satisfaction. Call 877.356.2236 or contact us for a free moving service quote.