A local move may not seem as big of a deal as relocating to somewhere across the country, it is still hard work and requires a lot of preparation. You may not realize it, but even a local move requires a great deal of your time, energy, and effort. Because of this, we have compiled a list of tips to help ensure you are 100% ready come moving day. Condor Moving Systems is a full-service moving company who offers a wide range of services, all of which are in place to make your move that much smoother. From customized packing services to short and long-term storage, shuttle options, and our use of state-of-the-art moving equipment, we have everything in place that you would possibly need for a move. Once you know when you will be moving, be sure and give us a call to schedule an appointment. With summer right around the corner, our local moving crews are busier and busier, which is why we encourage you to plan ahead!
Services for a Local Move
Whether you are moving to another Dallas neighborhood or elsewhere in Texas, you can count on receiving the following services with your local move:
- Disassembly and Reassembly of all Furniture – This includes large items such as bed frames, children’s playsets, and dressers with mirrors attached.
- Padding of Furniture – We take careful care when packing all of your belongings, and this is no different when it comes to your large furniture items. We wrap all furniture items in heavy duty pads in order to avoid damage during the moving process.
- Loading and Unloading of Furniture – We load all your belongings into our air-ride equipped vehicles,
which is a special suspension system that provides a smoother ride.
- Customized Unpacking – Once we get to your new location, our movers will place all of your big furniture items in the rooms requested. Providing us with a floor plan is appreciated but not required.
These are just a few of the services that we offer with each and every one of our local moves. To learn more about the points listed above or to schedule a move with Condor, please give us a call today.
Preparing for Your Move
Now that you know what local moving services we offer, here are a few tips to help you better prepare for your move. To start, create a list of all the things you need to get done as you move from one home to the next. Your list should include the following:
- Schedule a move with your local Fort Worth moving company
- Change your address
- If moving out of city, find new medical services
- Terminate all utility services in your old home
- Get utility services set up in your new home
- Decide whether you want to pack your belongings on your own or have someone else do it
- Start going through your items at least a month before moving day
- Get an estimate from your moving company
- Donate or recycle any items you no longer use or want
- Label your boxes by room
- Make sure all valuables are appropriately packed
- Consider having someone look after your pets on moving day